Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Great Grandpa Egbert's 90th Birthday!

We had a great weekend in Twin Falls to celebrate John's Grandpa's 90th birthday. This is not a great picture but here he is...what a cutie! This is at the dinner at Golden Corral, his favorite restaurant. Then Saturday there was an open house party for family and friends and on Saturday we all did a temple session with family names. What a great time. Saturday morning we went and spent the day in Kimberly at Amy's house and the Kings (in-laws) invited the kids over to hike the canyon and ride horses. All of the kids were in heaven. Nick got a new bike so John got to ride his old one and the two of them and Hailie had a great ride! I like a man in Chaps especially if they have fringe!

Grandma Carol and Jeffy down in the canyon behind Kings house.


Jeffy and cousin Sara enjoying a little one on one time.



Hailie was so in her element here! Horses and motorcycles. Can you say heaven!!Hailie and Kelsie crossing the creek.




Trent 'fishing'


Hailie and cousin Emily. Hailie was galloping that horse all over the mountain side as though she'd been riding all her life! I couldn't believe it!
Kelsie and Jason


Jason loved to ride as well.

I couldn't believe Kelsie either....she was a natural!
Thanks Kings and Raigers for hosting a great day for all of us!










7 comments:

Hoffmann Family said...

What beautiful horses! I'm glad you had a fun time!

Roxanne said...

Wow--sad to miss the party, but so happy you all had a great time! I think riding horses is a blast, and I loved your pics. The kids had perma-smiles on I think.

Tricky Trix said...

Oh my, what FUN!

Melanie said...

We enjoyed seeing you this weekend. Looks like you need to move to the country (ID is good) so your children can ride horses more often!

skdesertfun said...

looks like a blast!

Annie and Family said...

Wish we could have come the the horse thing... Your kids are so awsome at everything they try!

mom C said...

Oh, Melanie, I love to look at your blog....The pictures are a treasure....We loved having you here for the weekend and look forward to next time. I did not take time for many pictures so I would love some copies for my journaling...if I ever get to it. :) lov mom