Saturday, September 25, 2010

Donut Falls

We had a great day today with the family. We went hiking in Big Cottonwood Canyon to Donut Falls. I had heard a lot about this hike from local friends and it was so much fun. There is a nice trail leading up to the falls and then when you get to the top there is some fun rock hopping and boulder dashing to get up to the donut part of the falls. I still can't believe Brad is nearly as tall as John!
This is the cave the girls are peeking out from under where the water falls into from the hole.

A beautiful pool at the top.
The "donut hole" the water goes through.

In the cave .

All our little hikers. Well ok some not to little anymore!

Jeffy's favorite part....the rocks.

Me and my little buddy.
Trent
So fun! Kelsie is also now the official chipmunk whisperer! She had them eating our fruit bars out of her hand. They were so cute with their little cheeks stuffed full. What a perfect day.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

That looks like a really cool hike! I think I want to hike it sometime now too. It looks so fun hiking as a family, I'm a little jealous but happy too. Way to enjoy the nice weather while it's still around.

skdesertfun said...

Looks like a blast. hiking is fun.

Hoffmann Family said...

How pretty! That will be on my list to do next summer for sure!

Your trip to Powell looked like a blast too, I was seriously sooooo jealous. I wish Chris was into boating more.

Tricky Trix said...

Those family times are the VERY BEST memories!

Speer Family said...

How fun. I can't believe how big all the kiddos are getting. Can't wait to see you all soon!! And by the way who looks as good as you do when hiking?? Love ya!

Annie and Family said...

Wow that looks so cool! I want you to take us there! i love that shot of the waterfall. Your family is so dang cute! We love you.

xr440dude said...

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing!

Alonso Family said...

What, Donut Falls is open to the public!!!! For years I have been under the impression it was closed off after a bad accident. I have been so sad, now no longer. It is one of my favorite places! My friends and I hit that hike annually all growing up and I have so wanted to take my kiddos cause it is so easy and yet so rewarding. Now I can hardly wait for next Summer!