Friday, March 6, 2009

We were able to go to Elko (Nevada) last weekend for Annie and Bretts new little baby's blessing. I had never been out that way and was a little excited to see the amazing salt flats. From space it looks like someone dumped out a bunch of, well salt. So I of course had to take pictures. I really enjoyed the drive and the view. It was interesting reading all the love notes and messages written in stones on the flats along the way. So all the talk is about this Martian tree out in the middle of nowhere. I guess some guy thought there really should be a tree out there. To here it is. It is absolutely gigantic so the picture doesn't really do it justice. But the kids really enjoyed that and I must admit so did I.
And here's a shot from the other side!


Then here is an area that if full of water from run off. I would guess this is only a few inches deep but it looks like a great blue lake.


Then here is little Jeffy kickin' it at the hotel. My kids think everything is a vacation in we can stay in a hotel and swim....


Ahhhh....Cute!




6 comments:

The Tiffany's said...

That is an ODD tree. I might have to go see it.... maybe :0)

skdesertfun said...

I have mixed emtions about Hotels, but if there is a heated pool Then it is a good place to stay.

Scotty

Annie and Family said...

We loved having you come! I know its not heated, but we do have a little blue plastic wading pool... I'll crack it out if you would like to stay with us next time.
Ha Ha

Annie

Al said...

What an interesting adventure! It's all about life's simple pleasures! :)

Melly said...

hi

Melly said...

hi