Sunday, November 9, 2008

So I am finally getting around to our Halloween pics. We had a great night haunting....maybe because we have the best neighbors ever. The kids all had a blast and came home with way too much candy. Of course we have candy taxation in this house so I do get some chocolate out of the deal as well...so it's not all bad. Just dealing with 6 kids hopped up on sugar for a week or so. Well I may as well be hopped up too. By the way I have made a new discovery. Last year I found that carving pumpkins is much more fun if you use a drill and jig saw. No more knives for me. So now my kids design and in a matter of mere moment I have it all cut out and ready to go. Also if you coat the cut parts with bag balm or Vaseline they will stay fresh a few days, so you can enjoy your masterpieces longer!

3 comments:

Tricky Trix said...

I love 'the candy tax'! Why didn't I ever think of that! Also, great tips on pumpkin carving!

The Tiffany's said...

Great ideas! We also have a candy tax, but our kids give willingly, would that make it a tithe? :0)

Al said...

The pumpkins were amazing, by the way! :)